Remote Control and Monitoring of an Omni-directional Mobile Robot with a Smart Device
New robot applications using smart devices are recently providing interesting and feasible solutions to longstanding problems. In this study, we propose a remote control and monitoring method using an omni-directional mobile robot with a smart device. We also developed remote control and monitoring application software for the smart device by using Microsoft’s .Net Compact Framework and Bluetooth data communication to support various smart OS Platforms. We evaluated the feasibility and the effectiveness of the proposed method by conducting several experiments involving remote control of a mobile robot using a gravity sensor in a smart device and remote monitoring.
KeywordsSmart Device Omni-directional Mobile Robot Remote Control and monitoring Bluetooth Communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yoon, Ho, J., et al.: Smart Device, merging into ’3S’ market, Timely Report, ROA Consulting (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Microsoft.NET Framework Developer Center, http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework
- 4.NET Compact Framework, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9s7k7ce5v=vs.80.aspx
- 5.Android developers, http://developer.android.com/guide/basics/what-is-android.html
- 6.Ribeiro, F., Moutinho, I., Silva, P., Fraga, C., Pereira, N.: Three Omni-directional Wheels Control on a Mobile Robot, Control. University of Bath, UK (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Samsung Mobile Innovator, http://innovator.samsungmobile.com
- 8.de Souza, M., Carvalho, D.D.B., Barth, P., Ramos, J.V., Comunello, E., von Wangenheim, A.: Using Acceleration Data from Smartphones to Interact with 3D Medical Data. In: Proc. of the SIBGRAPI Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images (SIBGRAPI 2010), Gramado, pp. 339–345 (2010)Google Scholar