A Study on Applying RFID Systems of Korean Pharmaceutical Industry
In order to streamline the distribution process, the Korean government is currently preparing for a policy that mandates introducing RFID systems to various industrial participants that belong to the supply chain. Different from the industrial products, medical products are subject to a strict regulation on activities such as manufacture, distribution and consumption since it is directly related to people’s life and health. This paper outlines RFID item-level tagging systems, a world first implemented by H pharmaceutical company and demonstrates the strategies based upon its accumulated experience along with the effect of introducing RFID systems.
KeywordsPharmaceutical Industry RFID Item level tagging Packaging materials Tag encoder Shipment verifier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.EPC global, EPC Radio-Frequency Identity Protocols Class-1 Generation-2 UHF RFID Protocol for Communications at 860Mhz - 960Mhz Version 1.2.0 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.EPC global, EPC Tag Data Standard Version 1.5 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Korea Food and Drug Administration, http://www.kfda.go.kr
- 4.Korea Health Industry Development Institute, 2008 Pharmaceutical Industry Report, Technical Report (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Ministry of Health and Welfare, http://www.mw.go.kr
- 6.Ministry of Knowledge Economy, http://www.mke.go.kr
- 7.Ministry of Strategy and Finance, http://www.mosf.go.kr
- 8.National Information Society Agency (Korea), 2004-2005 RFID Demonstration Project Report, Technical Report (2006)Google Scholar