FPGA Implementation of Image Processing for Real-Time Robot Vision System
This paper presents a real-time robot vision system integrating adequate image processing and pan-tilt motion control which is implemented by FPGA reconfigurable logic device. The digital image processing acquired by CMOS image sensor is performed on the embedded FPGA board and Linux real-time video communication module. The integrated robot vision system aims to achieve a suitable platform available from both hardware and software. In addition, we also present spatial recognition by edge detection and tracking function of moving objects by determining color which are necessary for autonomous mobile robots.
KeywordsRobot Vision System Autonomous Mobile Robots FPGA Real-time Linux Device Driver
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Atmark Techono, Inc.: SUZAKU-V Hardware Manual, SZ410-U00 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Kudo, K., Myokan, Y., Than, W.C., Akimoto, S., Kanamaru, T., Sekine, M.: Hardware Object Model and Its Application to the Image Processing. IEICE Trans. E87-A(3), 547–558 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Shimizu, K., Hirai, S.: CMOS+FPGA Vision System for Visual Feedback of Mechanical Systems. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2060–2065 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Yaghmour, K., Masters, J., Ben-Yossef, G., Gerum, P.: Building Embedded Linux Systems, 2nd edn., pp. 351–386. O’Reilly Media, Inc., Sebastopol (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Xenomai Project, “http://www.xenomai.org.”Google Scholar
- 6.Xilinx Inc., Virtex-4 FPGA User Guide, 2008.Google Scholar