Study on Architectural Model and Design of P2P-Based Streaming Client
P2P technology is widely used for distributing contents. The P2P applications increase the load of ISP on handling massive and unpredictable P2P traffic. By the way, P2P itself provides very good performance on receiver-side when it receive large-sized files from multi-points. Furthermore, the usage of P2P technology is enhanced its area on multimedia streaming. Nowadays, the volume of multimedia is tends to be massive and need high performance of network. In the case of server-client model, there are definitely limitations on accommodating a number of users. In this paper, we present architecture for providing P2P-based streaming services and framework model for client agent.
KeywordsP2P streaming architecture client framework
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schulze, H., Mochalski, K.: Internet Study 2008/2009, Report, Ipoque (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.P4P(Proactive network Provider Participation for P2P), http://www.pandonetworks.com/p4p
- 3.Xie, S., et al.: Coolstreaming: Design, Theory, and Practice. IEEE Transaction on Multimedia 9(8) (December 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Elisa, M., et al.: GoalBit: The First Free and Open Source Peer-to-Peer Streaming Network. In: LANC 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Project page, http://goalbit.sourceforge.net/
- 6.Afreeca, http://afreeca.com/
- 7.BitTorrent WiKi, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent