Design and Implement of a Modularized NC Program Interpreter
In order to improve the universality and expansibility of the existing CNC (Computer numerical control) interpretation technique, a new model of NC program interpreter is proposed based on the format and characteristics of NC program. This model uses the modularized structure. Because of the independence of module function and the consistency of the interface, each module of the interpreter can be design and expansion independently without affecting other modules. Improve the grammatical rules by using EBNF (Extended Backus-Naur Form), which effectively eliminates the uncertainty of grammatical analysis caused by grammatical ambiguity. The error handling module introduced cannot only detect all kinds of interpretation error automatically, but also pointed out the wrong location directly. A modularized interpreter prototype system which verified the validity of the proposed method was developed. The experimental Results shows that the interpretation time is much less than the program machining time, so the modularized NC program interpreter proposed can improve the interpretation efficiency significantly.
KeywordsCNC interpreter EBNF Ambiguity Error handing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xiao, T.Y., Han, X.L., Wang, X.L.: General NC code translation techniques. Journal of System Simulation 10, 1–7 (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhao, D.L., Fang, K., Qian, W.: Design and realization of NC code explaining. Manufacturing Automation 28, 43–45 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Kong, Z.Y., Ma, J.: CNC wire cutting of ISO code interpreter. Electrical Discharge Machining 1, 21–23 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu, K.N., Li, B., Chen, J.H.: Implementation of NC code interpreter of open architecture NC system platform. China Mechanical Engineering 17, 168–171 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, Q., Yao, X.F.: Design and Implement of a NC Code Interpreter for Open Architecture CNC System. Modular Machine Tool & Automatic Manufacturing Technique 2, 59–61 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.SO6983. Numerical control of machines – program format and definition of address words – Part 1.Data format for positioning, line motion and contouring control system. International Standards Organisation (1982)Google Scholar