A Kind of Performance Improvement of Hamming Code
Hamming code is a parity code, the information bits and test bits must be mixed arrangement at a fixed location to check for errors s and correct the wrong. Based on the design principle of Hamming codes, this paper gives a improved method, proposed to arrangements the test bits in the last digit of code word, so that extract the information bit more convenient, and hardware implementation will be easier.
KeywordsHamming code parity code performance improvement error-correcting code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shen, S., Chen, L.: Information and coding theory. Science Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Cao, X., Zhang, Z.: Information and coding theory. Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications Press (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Yu, H.: The principle and construction method of Hamming code. Computer and Modernization 2, 146–150 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Shan, Y.: Implementation of cyclic codes and their application in the forward error correction. Journal of The University of Petroleum 5, 98–99 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Cai, M.: Error control coding technology and its application in data communication. Journal of Shaoxing University 1, 44–46 (2003)Google Scholar