An Adaptive Vehicle Rear-End Collision Warning Algorithm Based on Neural Network
Most of the existing algorithms of vehicle rear-end collision have poor adaptive, high false alarm and missed alarm rates. A two-level early warning model based on logic algorithm of safe distance is discussed. The influence of road conditions, driver status and vehicle performance on the warning distance of rear-end collision in the driving process is analyzed. And for different driving conditions, a warning algorithm of vehicle rear-end collision based on neural network with adaptive threshold which can adapt to different status of the three main elements, human-vehicle-road is proposed. Also the comparison of the warning distance whether using adaptive strategies for the rear-end collision algorithm through changing the real-time status of human-vehicle-road is presented. The result of the simulation shows that the algorithm proposed is self-adaptive to the warning distance and region, and the feasibility of the algorithm is verified.
Keywordsrear-end collision adaptive warning algorithm nerual network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ministry of Public Security Traffic Management Bureau. PRC Road Accidents Statistical Report (2009) p. 8 Ministry of Public Security Traffic Management Research Institute, Wuxi (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Shanghai Municipal Education Commission. Modern Automotive Safety Technology. Shanghai Jiaotong University Press, Shanghai (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Yoshida, H., Awano, S., Nagai, M., Kamada, T.: Target Following Brake Control for Collision Avoidance Assist of Active Interface Vehicle. In: SICE-ICASE International Joint Conference 2006, Bexco, Busan, Korea, October 18-21, pp. 4436–4439 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, X.x., Li, B.c., Hou, D.z., Chen, G.w.: Basic study of rear-end collis ion warning system. China Journal of Highway and Transport 14(3), 93–95 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, W.q., Wang, W.h., Zhong, Y.g., Yi, S.p.: Car-following safe distance control algorithm and implemen tat ion based on fuzzy inference. Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering 3(1), 72–75 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Xu, J., Du, W., Sun, H.: Safety distance about car-following. Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering 2(1), 101–104 (2002)Google Scholar