A Ship GPS/DR Navigation Technique Using Neural Network
A stable and accurate ship navigation system is very important for people navigating in the ocean. Dead reckoning (DR) system is a frequently used navigation system for ships navigating in the ocean. It can provide precise short term navigation data, but the error of DR system can accumulate over time without limitation. GPS can be used for navigation in outside environment. But the accuracy of GPS for civilian use is still big. In this paper a cheap single GPS receiver is used for the navigation for ships. This paper proposed a new Kalman filter based GPS/DR data fusion method using neural network. This method was designed based on the characteristic of the GPS receiver. By using this data fusion method the cheap single GPS receiver can cooperate with DR system to provide precise navigation information. Simulation is conducted to validate the proposed data fusion method.
KeywordsKalman filter GPS dead reckoning data fusion method BP neural network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, F., Kang, Z., Du, Z., Zhao, J., Wu, Z.: The application and prediction of the ocean localization and navigation technique. Hydrographic Surveying and Charting 26(1), 71–74 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, F., Kubo, N., Yasuda, A.: Fast Ambiguity Resolution for Marine Navigation. Journal of Japan Institute of Navigation 108, 173–180 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Ding, T.: The Ship Navigation and Supervision System Using DGPS. AIS and GPRS, World Shipping 29(3), 48–49 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Hu, L., Chen, Y., Wang, L.: The Design of the Embedded Ship Navigation System Basing on GPS and Electronic Ocean Chart. Electronic Technique Application 6, 7–9 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Jia, Y., Jia, C., Wei, H., Zhang, B.: Design and Implementation of a Ship Navigation System Based on GPS and Electronic Chart. Computer Engineering 29(1), 194–195 (2003)Google Scholar