An Adaptive QoS Control Scheme Based on Traffic Estimation for Efficient Multimedia Services in Wireless Access Networks
In this paper, an enhanced bandwidth allocation scheme according to traffic estimation for adaptive QoS control is proposed with the use of the IEEE 802.11e standard in the wireless access network. The interface between the core network and the access network includes not merely a translation of the QoS requirements from one network to the other but also a means of provisioning the differentiated Service (DS) considering the requirements of a particular flow. Simulation results demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed QoS control scheme based on traffic estimation for the aspect of access delay.
KeywordsBandwidth allocation Adaptive QoS control Traffic estimation IEEE 802.11e protocol Differentiated Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.HanzoII, L., Tafazolli, R.: A Survey of QoS Routing Solutions for Mobile AD-HOC Networks. IEEE Communications 9(2) (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang, F., Macnicol, J.: Efficient Streaming Packet Video Over Differentiated Serveice Networks. IEEE Trans. on Multimedia 8(5) (October 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Bayan, A.F., Wan, T.-C.: A Scalabe QoS Scheduling Architecture for WiMAX Multi-Hop Relay Networks. In: 2010 ICETC (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, V., Zhung, W.: QoS-oriented Packet Scheduling for Wireless Multimedia CDMA Communications. IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing 3(1) (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Qin, D., Shhroff, N.: A Predictive Flow Control Scheme for Efficient Network Utilization and QoS. IEEE/ACM Trans. On Networking 12(1) (February 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.IEEE 802.11 WG Draft Supplement to International Standard, IEEE 802.11e/D2.0 (November 2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, S., Xuan, D., Zhao, W.: Providing Absolute Differentiated Services for Real Time Applications in Static Priority Scheduling Networks. IEEE/ACM Trans. On Networking 12(2) (April 2004)Google Scholar