Virtual Research Domains Management on L2 Optical Private Network
Recent advances inoptical networks lead the advent of service sensitive applications andthe community researches free from the individual research. Sensitive applications and community researches overOptical Private Network (OPN)is required to supportefficient network resource management, intelligent network switching, and sophisticated access control and monitoring. In this paper, we introduce L2 OPN architecture and describe our experience in implementing L2 OPN. Lastly, we address the function and framework ofVirtual Research Domains Management over L2 OPN.
KeywordsOptical Network Network Resource Allocation OPN Research Networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Zang, H., Jue, J.P., Mukhejee, B.: A review of routing and wavelength assignment approaches for wavelength-routed optical WDM network. Optical Networks Magazine 1(1), 47–60 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Ramaswami, R., Sivarijan, K.N.: Optical networks—a practical perspective. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Smit, M.K., Dam, C.: PHASER-based WDM-devices: principles, design, and application. IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron, 236–250 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Haque, A., Ho, P.-H., Boutaba, R., Ho, J.: Group shared protection (GSP): a scalable solution for spare capacity reconfiguration in mesh WDM networks. In: Proceedings of the 47th IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, Dallas, TX, vol. 3, pp. 2029–2035 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Ramamurthy, B., Ramakrishnan, A.: Design of virtual private net- works (VPNs) over optical wavelength division multiplexed (WDM) networks. SPIE Optical Networks Magazine 3(1) (2002)Google Scholar