Private Cloud Computing Techniques for Inter-processing Bioinformatics Tools
Cloud computing is a very attractive alternative to get advantages of high performance data processing and easy management of the complex tools in a bioinformatics area. We present a method, in which computing resources such as existing PCs and small cluster systems can be utilized as private cloud computing infrastructure for an inter-query style of bioinformatics tools. We proposed a private cloud computing environment for bioinformatics applications of inter-processing tasks. Furthermore, we present a metadata repository schema and 6 query routing algorithms on it. We apply proposed algorithms to ClustalW, a multiple sequence alignment tool. Experimental result shows remarkable benefits in a proposed private cloud system in terms of performance and various user requirements.
KeywordsBioinformatics Infrastructure Bio Cloud System Inter and Intra Query Processing ClustalW
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ean, J., Ghemawat, S.: MapReduce: simplified data processing on large cluster. In: Proceedings of the 6th Symposium on Operating Systems Design & Implementation, December 6-8, pp. 137–150 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, T., Cho, W.: HyperDB: A PC-Based Database Cluster System for Efficient OLAP Query Processing. In: Proceedings of the 19th IASTED International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, Cambridge, USA (November 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Sergio, G., David, D., Pilar, H., Francisco, J., Juan, A., Cabriel, D.: Next-Generation Bioinformatics: Using Many-Core Processor Architecture to Develop a Web Service for Sequence Alignment. Bioinformatics (January 2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Apache Hadoop, http://hadoop.apache.org
- 9.Amazon Simple Storage Service, http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
- 10.Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
- 11.Crossbow: Whole Genome Reseqencing using Cloud Computing, http://bowtie-bio.sourceforge.net/crossbow/
- 12.GOLD Database, http://www.genomesonline.org
- 13.NPACI Rocks, http://www.rocksclusters.org
- 14.OpenSCE, http://www.opensce.org
- 17.Condor Project, http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor