Performance Evaluation of MINTRoute Protocol at Different Scenarios
Due to natural weakness of sensor node in the point of wireless communications, reliable data delivery becomes one of the major challenges in wireless sensor networks. To handle this problem, many schemes in each layer have been proposed in the several literatures. Among those, MintRoute protocol is designed to achieve high reliability by choosing the best qualified path which is mainly measured by the delivery ratio of packets. Moreover, although some literatures provide the simulation and experimental results of performance evaluation, as far as the authors know, there is no previous research works to mention impact on performance by sensor deployment strategies, effect of failure, and the density of nodes. This paper details a simulation study that compare performance of MintRoute at different scenarios. In addition, research challenges will be given through analysis and discussion for performance.
KeywordsMintRoute Performance Evaluation Wireless Sensor Networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wan, C., Eisenman, S., Campbell, A.: PSFQ: A Reliable Transport Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. In: ACM WSNA (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Stann, F., Heidemann, J.: RMST: Reliable Data Transport in Sensor Networks. In: IEEE SNPA (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Woo, A., Culler, D.: A Transmission Control Scheme for Media Access in Sensor Networks. In: ACM Mobicom (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Sankarasubramaniam, Y., Akan, O., Akyildiz, I.: ESRT: Event-to-Sink Reliable Transport in Wireless Sensor Networks. In: ACM MobiHoc (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Kavitha, C., Viswanatha, K.: A Hybrid Reliable Routing Technique (HRR) for Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security 9(3) (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, M., Victor, C., Shiwen, M., Taekyoung, K.: Receiver oriented Load-balancing and Reliable Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Kumar, P., Kuri, J.: Reliable Routing in Sensor Networks. In: National Conference on Communications (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Woo, A., Tong, T., Culler, D.: Taming the Underlying Challenges of Reliable Multihop Routing in Sensor Networks. In: ACM SenSys (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Qualnet Programmer’s Guide, http://www.scalablenetworks.com