A Study on MAC Address Spoofing Attack Detection Structure in Wireless Sensor Network Environment
Wireless sensor network applies authentication by registering/managing user IP and MAC addresses. However, the existing methods are vulnerable to MAC address spoofing, in which a malicious user changes a client’s MAC address into his own, calling for a new detection method. Therefore, this paper provides a method of detecting MAC address spoofing attacks in real-time by collecting wireless traffic data through AirSensor/AP- and using a MAC Address Index table in TMS.
KeywordsWireless Sensor Network MAC Address Spoofing Spoofing Attack Detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Willens, S.M.: Network access control system and process. Google Patents (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Alexander, S., Droms, R., et al.: DHCP options and BOOTP Vendor Extensions, Citeseer (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Wright, J.: Detecting wireless LAN MAC address spoofing. White Paper (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Virendra, M., Upadhyaya, S.: Securing information through trust management in wireless networks. In: The Workshop on Secure Knowledge Management, pp. 201–206 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Guo, F., Chiueh, T.: Sequence number-based MAC address spoof detection. Recent Advances in Intrusion Detection, 309–329 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks. IEEE Std 802 (2001) Google Scholar
- 8.Bellardo, J., Savage, S.: Disassociation and De-auth attack. In: USENIX Security Symposium (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Shoobridge, R.A.: Wireless access point software system. Google Patents (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Sinha, A., Darrow, N.J.: Systems and methods for wireless vulnerability analysis. Google Patents (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, C., Yu, J.T.: An analysis of DoS attacks on wireless LAN. In: Proc. 6th IASTED International Multi-Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications (2006)Google Scholar