A Study on Test Case Generation Based on State Diagram in Modeling and Simulation Environment
In the conventional tests, test case is generated in the design stage. However, actual test can be executed after its embodiment. As there is as much time difference between the design and execution of the test, the errors in the designs of test and software are checked out late. This paper is proposing the test case generation method so as automatic test can be carried out in the virtual simulation environment. The method proposed generates the test case automatically based on the state diagram and executes it in the virtual simulator. It can reduce the time difference between the design and execution of test, accordingly, to find out the error in the test case and problems in the design promptly. As a result, it can identify the error in the beginning stage of software development and save the time and expense need for the development.
KeywordsArticulated Robot Modeling & Simulation Test Virtual Environment Model based Test
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Son, H.S., Kim, W.Y., Kim, R.Y.C.: Implementation of Technique for Movement Control of Multi-Joint Robot. In: The 30th KIPS Fall Conference 2008, November 14, vol. 15(2), pp. 593–596 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, W.Y., Son, H.S., Kim, R.Y.C., Carlson, C.R.: MDD based CASE Tool for Modeling Heterogeneous Multi-Jointed Robots. In: CSIE 2009, vol. 7, pp. 775–779. IEEE Computer Society, Los Angeles/Anaheim (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, J.S., Son, H.S., Kim, W.-Y., Kim, R.Y.C.: A Study on Education Softwarefor Controling of Multi-Joint Robot. Journal of The Korean Association of Information Education 12(4), 469–476 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, J.S., Son, H.S., Kim, W.-Y., Kim, R.Y.C.: A Study on M&S Environment for Designing The Autonomous Reconnaissance Ground Robot. Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology 11(6), 127–134 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Toth, A., Varro, D., Pataricca, A.: Model Level Automatic Test Generation for UML State-Charts. In: Sixth IEEE Workshop on Design and Diagnostics of Electronic Circuits and System, DDECS 2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Gresi, S., Latella, D., Massink, M.: Formal Test Case Generation for UML State-Charts. In: Ninth IEEE International Conference on Engineering Complex Computer System Navigating Complexity in e-Engineering Age (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Bertolino, A., Marchetti, E.: Introducing a reasonably complete and coherent approach for model based testing. In: Jensen, K., Podelski, A. (eds.) TACAS 2004. LNCS, vol. 2988, Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.McGhee, R.B., Frank, A.A.: On the Stability Proper-ties of Quadruped Creeping Gaits. Mathematical Biosciencies 2(1/2) (1968)Google Scholar