Performance Analysis of HDD and DRAM-SSD Using TPC-H Benchmark on MYSQL
Recently, Users needed storage for processing high-capacity data. Meanwhile, the HDD was used primarily as storage media, difference of the development of the processing speed of the HDD and CPU processing speed of development has occurred and serious the data input / output bottleneck that was created to solve a problem is SSD. So in this paper, using TPC-H Benchmark on MYSQL, we will compare DRAM-SSD to HDD and confirm showing good performance in data processing. As a performance analysis results , when DBMS database Size increased QphH@size was increased with TPC-H, but difference of the ad-hoc query processing ability are increased when compared of each database capacity. Based on these results, using DRAM-SSD Storage is judged to be effective at large amounts of data I/O required field or applications.
KeywordsSSD HDD Mysql TPC-H
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Park, K.-H., Choe, J.-k., Lee, Y.-H., Cheong, S.-K., Kim, Y.-S.: Performance Analysis for DRAM-based SSD system. Korean Information Technical Academic Society Dissertation 7(4), 41–47 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Kang, Y.-H., Yoo, J.-H., Cheong, S.-K.: Performance Evaluation of the SSD based on DRAM Storage System IOPS. Korean Information Technical Academic Society Dissertation 7(1), 265–272 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Cheong, S.-K., Jeong, Y.-W., Jeong, Y.-J., Jeong, J.-j.: Input-Output Performance Analysis of HDD and DDR-SSD Storage under the Streaming Workload. Korean Information Technical Academic Society Dissertation, 322–325 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Cheong, S.-K., Ko, D.-s.: Technology Prospect of Next Generation Storage. Korean Information Technical Academic Society Dissertation Summer Synthetic Scientific Announcement Thesis, 137 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, H.: Learn to MYSQL Database Programming. Young-jin.comGoogle Scholar