The Empirical Analysis of Economic Sustainable Development in Henan Province
Economic sustainable development is an inherent requirement of the regional economic development. The purpose of this article is to correctly understand the capacity of sustainable economic development in Henan Province, then for promoting better sustainable development in the future. Instead of using subjective evaluation index system, this paper used the method of Social & Ecological Accounting Matrix, the framework based on social accounting matrix, additional resources accounts, environmental accounts and other elements. Through comparative analyses of some relevant economic data of Henan Province from 2001 to 2009, including growth rate of GDP, high energy consumption and high pollution industry, energy production and energy consumption, the results shows the capacity of economic sustainable development in Henan Province gradually increases capacity in recent years, but still is in the weakness of the range.
KeywordsSocial & Ecological Accounting Matrix Economic sustainable development Sustainability analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, J.: The Theory of The Economic Sustainable Development. China Environmental Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Na, S-c.: Economic Sustainable Development Assessment and Strategic Studies. D. Hebei University of Technology (2008) Google Scholar
- 3.Hou, X-s.: Henan Regional Economy and Sustainable Development. D. Zhengzhou University (2007) Google Scholar
- 4.He, J.: Henan Sustainable Development and with Five Other Central Comparative Province. Henan Social Sciences 5, 137–139 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Henan Academy of Social Sciences: The Counter Measures and Thinking of Promoting Economic growth Mode Transformation in Henan. Learning Forum 2, 57–60 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Henan Bureau of Statistics: Henan Statistical Yearbook 2010. China Statistics Press, Beijing (2010)Google Scholar