The Research of the Impact from China-ASEAN Financial Cooperation on the Development of Bilateral Trade
In this article we first introduce the development of financial cooperation between China and ASEAN. Then we apply the method of panel data analysis by utilizing STATA to find out which financial factors we select significantly influence the trade volume between China and ASEAN and the conclusions are FDI as well as international reserve. After the empirical analysis we further explain the economic meanings of the model and discuss the policies that may promote the bilateral trade volume in the future by controlling those significant financial factors effectively.
KeywordsChiangMai Initiative International Reserve FDI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aizenman, J., Lee, Y., Rhee, Y.: International Reserves Management and Capital Mobility in a Volatile World: Policy Consideration sand a Case Study of Korea. Journal of the Japanese and InternationalEconomies 21(1) (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhi, L.: Participating the Construction of China-ASEAN Free Trade Area and Promoting the Development of Yunnan Economy. Chinese Book Company, Beijing (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Root, F.R.: International Trade and Investment, pp. 448–471. South-western Publishing Co. (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). World Investment Report (2001-2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Weidong, H.: Study on China-ASEAN Free Trade Area. Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Association of Southeast Asian Nations, http://www.aseansec.org
- 7.Asia Develop Bank (ADB), Monetary And Financial Integration In East Asia. Economic Science Press (2005)Google Scholar