Travel Health and Health Tourism: A Perspective of the Subject of Tourism
The emphasis on travel health and health tourism shows a historic progress in tourism, which is the focus of tourism development under the post-modern society and post-tourism era, and as well as the mirror of the idea of Humanism in tourism. When the forms of tourism evolve from traditional ones, such as sightseeing tour and cultural tour, to health tourism, it pays more attention to both physical and mental health in the traveling, which shows the development in tourism, basing on the change from considering economic benefits simply to giving consideration to social benefits, ecological benefits, and human health. Travel health and health tourism are defined. The relationship between them are discussed and measures and suggestions to achieve them are also proposed.
KeywordsTourism Management Health tourism Travel health
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lan, S.:Speeding the establishment of healthy and safe tourism destinations, and Creating the image of China being “ healthy and safe tourism country, China Tourism News paper (June 16, 2008) Google Scholar
- 2.Tao, H.: New Introduction of Tourism Studies. Tourism Education Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, X.: Guide for Tourism Industsry Programming. Chinese Tourism Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, Y., Gao, Y.: Concept, Types and Development Expecations of Health Tourism. Journal of Guilin Institute of Tourism 6, 803–805 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Ye, Y.: Nursing Implementation of Special Care Ward in Tourism Areas. Nanfang Journal of Nursing 12(7), 37–38 (2005)Google Scholar