Study on Ticket Pricing-System for Urban Rail Transit (URT) Projects in China
Aimed to identify an appropriate ticket pricing-system for URT project in China, in this thesis I analyzed several economic characters which can influence pricing system itself and then detailed analyzed four possible pricing systems, respectively from view of cost, competitive market, marginal profit, and social comprehensive benefit. At the end, the conclusion is given that pricing system based upon social comprehensive benefit is reasonable, to ensure benefit of operation company and the whole society. As extension, possible concerns when applying this system in realistic were also mentioned for further thinking.
KeywordsTicket Pricing-system URT (Urban Rail Transit) Refinancing Revenue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Samuelson, P.A.: The Pure Theory of Public Expenditure, P, pp. 387–389 (1954)Google Scholar
- 3.Johnson, P.M.: A Glossary of Political Economy Terms, http://www.auburn.edu/~johnspm/gloss/externality
- 4.Hu, K., Ying, Y.: Analysis and Thinking of financing on Urban Rail Transit (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, F., Qian, C.: General Instruction to Urban Rail Transit, p. 150. Press of Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Ji, L., Zhang, G.: Operation and Organization of Urban Rail Transit, p. 120. China Railway Publishing House, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Mao, B.: Operations and Management for Urban Rail Transit, pp. 294–295. China Communications Press, Beijing (2003)Google Scholar