Study on PPP Contract-Models for Urban Rail Transit (URT) Projects in China
As an alternative to public financing, PPP (Public Private Partnership) is testified far more than a pure financing method. Aimed to introduce PPP into URT sector, in this thesis I analyzed several possible PPP contract-models which are applicable to deliver URT (Urban Rail Transit) projects in China. Detailed model structures were analyzed, together with allocation of risks (to Public vs. Private sector). In addition, contract-models were analyzed intergraded with land-development thinking. At the end, a comparison of analyzed PPP contract-models was made. As part of conclusion, BTO can be the most possible model applied in China, because it can definitely lighten public financial pressure.
KeywordsURT (Urban Rail Transit) PPP (Public Private Partnership) SPC (special purpose company) Financing Refinancing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhu, W., An, R.: Discussion on Adoption of PPP Financing Mode for the Construction of Urban Mass Transit. Railway Transport and Economy (1) (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, H.: On Metro Financing and Investment - Innovation and Application of PPP, p. 25. China Finance Publishing House, Beijing (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Sun, B.: The Research for Quasi-profit Infrastructure PPP Mode. Tongji University, Shanghai (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Weber, B., Alfen, H.W., Maser, S.: Projektfinanzierung und PPP, p. 37. Bank-Verlag GmbH, Koeln (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Cai, Y.: Innovation and Application of PPP Mode in Urban Rail Transit Projects. Urban Rapid Rail Transit 20(1) (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.2008-2010 Research on Chinese Urban Rail transit and Analysis on investment perspective, Abstract section. China Investment Consulting Net (January 2008), http://www.ocn.com.cn/