Research on Degree of Bubbles and Fundamental Value of Real Estate in China and Hong Kong
In order to study degree of real estate bubbles of China, we proposed a model of fundamental value of real estate based on partial equilibrium analysis and law of average profit rate. We made up for some imperfections of ZhiGang Yuan’s model, and then empirically studied the degree of real estate bubbles of China and Hong Kong. We find that the current degree of real estate bubbles of China is not high compared to that of Hong Kong in the period of its real estate peak time, and is not rapidly expanding. The degree of real estate bubbles is generally low in inland of China, and is relatively high in some coastal areas.
Keywordsreal estate price bubbles degree of bubbles fundamental value of real estate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shiller, R.J.: Do Stock Prices Move too much to be Justified by Subsequent Changes in ividends? American Economic Review 71, 421–436 (1981)Google Scholar
- 2.Kenneth, D.W.: A Specification test for Speculative Bubbles. National Bureau of Economic Research Working Paper 11, 1–44 (1986)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, C., Luo, S., Yu, X.: Review on Testing Method of Real Estate Bubbles. Real Estate of China 8, 22–24 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, P.: Research on Degree of real estate bubbles of China. Statistic and Decision 24, 82–85 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Yuan, Z., Fan, X.: Analysis on rational bubbles of real estate. Economic Research 3, 35–42 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Jiang, C.: A Case Study of Speculation Bubble on China’s Real Estate Market. Management World 12, 71–84 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Tang, Z.: Estimation of average profit rate of China. Economic Research 5, 61–65 (1999)Google Scholar
- 13.Shan, H.: Another Estimation of aggregate social capital, K, of China: 1952-2006. Quantitative & Technical economics Research 10, 17–32 (2008)Google Scholar