Diamond Model of National Economic Competitive Advantage Based on National Economic Security
This paper firstly analyzes China’s national economic competitive advantage (NECA) using method of principal components analysis. The result presents that the level of Chinese economic competitive advantage is low but increases continuously. Based on empirical study, it builds a Diamond Model of National Economic Competitive Advantage based on national economic security and regards factors of external risk, economic performance, motivation for growth and low-carbon as the basic elements. To ensure that the Diamond Model of National Economic Competitive Advantage works well and upgrade national economic security, it could take the paths formed in the Diamond Model into consideration.
KeywordsNational economic security national economic competitive advantage diamond model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wolf, C., Neu, C.R.: The Economic Dimensions of National Security. In: RAND (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhao, Y., Xu, H., Xing, G.: Risks Faced by Chinese Economy-Theory of National Economic security. Yunnan People’s Publishing House (1994) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, X.: Study of Legal Assurance System of National Economic Security. Chongqing Publishing House, Chongqing (2007) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, B.: Assurance and Risk Management of National Economic Security. China Economic Publishing House, Beijing (2010) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Joseph, E., Stiglitz, C.E.: Walsh: Economics, 3rd edn. W. W. Norton & Company (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Ezeala Harrison, F.: On the Competing Notions of International Competitiveness. Advances in Competitiveness Research 13(1), 80–87 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Smit, A.J.: The Competitive Advantage of Nations: Is Porter’s Diamond Framework a New Theory that Explains the International Competitiveness of Countries? Southern African Business Review 14(1), 105–130 (2010)Google Scholar