The Evaluation Model of Bank’s Assets Quality Based on G1 and Mean-Square Deviation Methods and Its Empirical Research
In order to improve the accuracy of evaluation of banks’ assets quality, this paper constructed a comprehensive evaluation index system of asset quality, determined the optimal weights of indicators by combining G1 method with the mean-square deviation method, and then established a comprehensive evaluation model of asset quality, lastly empirically analyzed the levels of nine commercial banks’ assets quality. The contribution lies in three aspects. Firstly, selecting the index of return on total asset to enrich the existing index system. Secondly, rejecting the virtually increased assets because of accounting matching principle and capitalization expenses to raise the authenticity of assets quality. Thirdly, evaluating the banks’ assets quality by combining objective weight and subjective weight, which could avoid the disadvantage of objective weight, which can not reflect expert experience and subjective weight. Meanwhile the paper provides an effective evaluation method of assets quality for commercial banks.
KeywordsAsset quality commercial bank G1 mean-square deviation evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lingning, G., Yanling, W.: The Reviewe of Quality Assets and Capital Structure ResearchGoogle Scholar
- 2.Downing, C., Jaffee, D., Wallace, N.: Asset Indivisibility, Security Design and Asset Quality J. (June 5 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Nian, Y., Altman, Z.: Value Method in The Application of The Evaluation of The Banks’ Assets Quality (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, J., Xu, W.: The Empirical Analysis of The Evaluation of China’s Listed Companies’ Asset Quality. Accounting Monthly (July 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, C., Liu, G.: Study on The Correlation of The City Commercial Bank Asset Quality and Management Performance. Technology and Management (May 2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Xu, H., Wang, Y.: Study on The Index System of The Evaluation of The Asset Quality. Economic and Management Research, 117–121 (May 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.The Chinese Banking Regulatory Commission, The Risk Rating System of Joint-stock Commercial Bank (Interim) (February 2004), http://www.fsi.com.cn/policy200/rules202/202_0402/202_04022301.htm
- 8.Guo, Y.: Comprehensive Evaluation Theory, Method and Application, pp. 46–47. Science Press, Beijing (2008)Google Scholar