Empirical Study on the Contribution of Infrastructure to the Coordinated Development between Urban and Rural Areas: Case Study on Country Road Projects
This paper makes an empirical study using the data from projects of Chongqing Urban-Rural Infrastructure Coordination Demonstration Program. The results of the study indicate that the contribution of infrastructures to urban-rural coordination increases with the growing equity of investment, and infrastructure plays a significant role in closing the urban-rural gap and gradually achieving the urban-rural coordination. Therefore, conclusion is made that the infrastructure investment between town and country should be balanced in a manner that is “equity-oriented and efficiency-emphasized” in order to attain the strategic goal of urban-rural coordination and promote social justice.
KeywordsInfrastructure Urban-rural coordination Contribution Empirical study Country Road Projects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jiang, S.J., Shen, L.Y.: Research on Relatively Important Indicator Extraction by means of PCA. In: The International Conference on E-Business and E-Government, ICEE 2010, pp. 4426–4429 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.National Development and Reform Commission, Economic Evaluation Method and Parameter of Construction Projects, 3rd edn. China Planning Press (2006) Google Scholar
- 3.Standard and norm institute of the Ministry of Construction, Economic Evaluation Cases of Construction Project. China Planning Press (2006) Google Scholar
- 4.China International Engineering Consulting Corporation, Social Evaluation Guidance for Investment Projects in China—Projects Financed by the World Bank and Asian Development Bank. China Planning Press (2004) Google Scholar
- 5.Huang, L., Wei, X.: The Evolution of Fairness and Efficiency Theory in the West. Northern Economy 12, 64–65 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Ma, Y.: Building of Villages and Towns under Coordinated Urban and Rural Development: Abroad Experience and China to Go. Special Zone Economy, 41–43 (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, M.: To Explore the Effectiveness of Infrastructure Investment in Urban and Rural Areas. Journal of Nanjing Party Institute of CPC and Nanjing Administration Institute 3, 32–36 (2007)Google Scholar