Research on the Marketing Strategies of Energy Service Industry in China Based on Industry Life Cycle
The past few years have seen a rapid expansion of energy service industry penetrating into China’s economy and starting to play an important role in achieving China’s goal in energy conservation. Based on the industry life cycle theory, the paper studies the energy service industry’s life cycle in China and draws the conclusion that China’s energy service industry is currently in the growth stage. And according to the relationship between the industry life cycle and the marketing strategies, the paper puts forward the marketing strategies of energy service industry in China.
Keywordsenergy service company (ESCO) industry life cycle marketing strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Diana, U.V., Sonja, K., Liang, C., Benigna, K., Gireesh, G.N., Gamze, C.: An Assessment of on Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) Worldwide. WEC ADEME Project on Energy Efficiency Policies (2007) Google Scholar
- 2.Bertoldi, P., Rezessy, S.: Energy Service Companies in Europe Status Report 2005. Ispra, Italy: European Commission DG Joint Research Center (2005) Google Scholar
- 3.Sorrell, S., Schleich, J., O’Malley, E., Scott, S.: The Economics of Energy Efficiency: Barriers to Cost-Effective Investment, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham (2004) Google Scholar
- 4.Bertoldi, P., Hinnells, M., Rezessy, S.: Liberating the Power of Energy Services and ESCOs for the Residential Sector in a Liberalised Energy Market. Paper Presented at the EEDAL Conference, London (June 21-23, 2006) Google Scholar
- 5.Nakagami, H., Murakoshi, C.: Recent Activities of ESCO Industry in Japan, China and Thailand. The Yellow Sea Rim International Exchange Meeting on Building Environment and Energy, Kumamoto, Japan (January 2009) Google Scholar
- 6.Zhao, M.: EMCA and ESCO Industry Development in China. Presented at CTI Industry Joint Seminar: Successful Cases of Technology Transfer in Asian Countries, New Delhi, India (March 2007) Google Scholar
- 7.Taylor, R.P., Govindarajalu, C., Levin, J., Meyer, A.S., Ward, W.A.: Financing Energy Efficiency: Lessons from Brazil, China, India and Beyond. The World Bank, Washington D.C(2008) Google Scholar
- 8.EMCA (China Energy Conservation Service Industry Association).: China’s Energy Service Industry Survey 2009. China (2010) Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, S. M.: Energy Performance Contracting in China. Presentation at the 2006 Conference on Energy Conservation in Buildings, Energy Performance Contracting and Financial Guarantee for Energy Efficiency Projects, Beijing, China (July 25-26, 2006)Google Scholar