E-instructor for Online Learning
Most traditional learning systems only provide users learning resources, but can not support user executing personalized and collaborative learning plans, and that makes online learning lacking communication and guidance compared with traditional learning. E-instructor is proposed to narrow the gap between traditional learning and online learning, it supports making personalized and collaborative learning design besides providing learning resources. This paper analyses traditional learning systems, brings up what an e-instructor should have, then discusses the supporting environments for an e-instructor, finally this paper proposes a service oriented and layered architecture design for e-learning systems and gives a sample implementation.
KeywordsE-instructor learning design e-learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, Xinyu, NianLong, L., Chen, S.: The knowledge building of the eco-classroom. In: ITNG 2009, pp. 1100–1103 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Hasegawa, S., Ochimizu, K.: A Learning Management System based on the Life Cycle Management Model of e-Learning Courseware. In: Proceedings of the Fifth IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT 2005) (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Dan Burdescu, D., Mihăescu, M.C., Ionaşcu, C.M., Logofătu, B.: Support System for e-Learning Environment Based on Learning Activities and Processes. In: Fourth International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS 2010), May 19-21, pp. 37–42 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.China E-learning Technology Standards Committee: Specification for Learning Object Metadata: Information Model, GB 21365-2008, http://www.celtsc.org
- 5.China E-learning Technology Standards Committee: Learning system architecture and service interface: Abstract framework and core interface (2010), http://www.celtsc.org
- 6.Zheng, L., Xu, L., Li, Y.: Application of E-Learning Standardization Technology. Advanced Learning (2009) ISBN 978-953-307-010-0; IN-TECH CompanyGoogle Scholar