Cloud Computing Security Issues and Challenges: A Survey
Cloud Computing has become another buzzword after Web 2.0. The phrase cloud computing originated from the diagrams used to symbolize the internet. Cloud computing is not a completely new concept; it has intricate connection to the grid Computing paradigm, and other relevant technologies such as utility computing, cluster computing, and distributed systems in general. With the development of cloud computing, a set of security problems appears. Security issues present a strong barrier for users to adapt into Cloud Computing systems. Several surveys of potential cloud adopters indicate that security is the primary concern hindering its adoption. This paper introduces the background and service model of cloud computing. Along with this, few of security issues and challenges are also highlighted.
KeywordsCloud computing Grid computing Security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cloud Security Alliance , http://www.cloudsecurityalliance.org
- 3.Zhou, M., Zhang, R., Xie, W., Qian, W., Zhou, A.: Security and privacy in cloud computing: a survey. In: The Proceedings of IEEE 6th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grids, pp. 105–111 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Mell, P., Grance, T.: The NIST definition of Cloud Computing, version 15. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Information Technology Laboratory (October 7, 2009), www.csrc.nist.gov
- 6.Takabi, H., Joshi, J.B.D.: Security and privacy challenges in cloud computing environment. IEEE Journal on Security and Privacy 8(6) (November 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Yang, J., Chen, Z.: Cloud computing research and security issues. In: The Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Software Engineering, pp. 1–3 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Kaur, P., Kaushal, S.: Security concerns in cloud computing. In: Accepted For International Conference on High Performance Architecture And Grid Computing-2011. Chitkara University, Rajpura (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Gens, F.: New IDC IT Cloud Services Survey: Top Benefits and Challenges. In: IDC eXchange (2009), http://blogs.idc.com/ie/?p=730
- 10.Brodkin, J.: Gartner: Seven cloud-computing security risks. In: Infoworld 2008 (2008), http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-central/gartner-seven-cloudcomputing-security-risks-53?page=0,1
- 11.Subashini, S., Kavitha, V.: A survey on security issues in service delivery models of cloud computing. Journal of Network and Computer Application, 1–11 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Ramgovind, S., Eloff, M.M., Smith, E.: The management of security in cloud computing. In: The Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Information Security for South Africa-2010 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Dlamini, M.T., Eloff, M.M., Eloff, J.H.P.: Internet of People, Things and Services – The Convergence of Security, Trust and Privacy. In: The Proceeding of 3rd Annual CompanionAble Consortium Workshop-IoPTs, Brussel (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Kandukuri, B.R., Paturi, R., Rakshit, A.: Cloud Security Issues. In: The Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Service Computing, pp. 517–520 (2009)Google Scholar