Vector Space Access Structure and ID Based Distributed DRM Key Management
We present an effective DRM architecture with multi distributors that facilitates client mobility and propose a family of flexible key management mechanisms for this system coupling Identity-Based Encryption (IBE) with vector space secret sharing. Our proposed DRM architecture provides scalability of business model and allows to make proper business strategies for different regions and cultures. The encrypted digital content sent by a package server can only be decrypted by the DRM client and is protected from attacks by other parties/servers in the system. Our key management protects the key used to encrypt a digital content during its delivery from the package server to the DRM client, not only from purchasers but also from the distribution servers and the license server. The IBE enables efficiency gains in computation time and storage over the existing certificate-based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) based approaches as no certificate management and verification is needed by the entities in the system.
KeywordsDRM key management content protection security vector space secret sharing IBE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ANSI X9.62, Public Key Cryptography for the Financial Services Industry. The Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Cohen, J.E.: DRM and Privacy. Communications of the ACM 46(4) (April 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Dutta, R., Barua, R., Sarkar, P.: Pairing Based Cryptographic Protocols: A Survey. Manuscript (2004), http://eprint.iacr.org/2004/064
- 5.BlueKrypt: Cryptographic Key Length Recommendation, http://www.keylength.com/en/3/
- 6.Grimen, G., Monch, C., Midtstraum, R.: Building Secure Software- based DRM systems. In: NIK 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, X., Huang, T., Huo, L.: A DRM Architecture for Manageable P2P Based IPTV System. In: IEEE Conference on Multimedia and Expo., pp. 899–902 (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, Q., Safavi-Naini, R., Sheppard, N.P.: Digital Rights Management for Content Distribution. In: Proceedings of Australasian Information Security Workshop Conference on ACSW Frontiers 2003, vol. 21 (January 2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Mulligan, D.K., Han, J., Burstein, A.J.: How DRM- Based Content Delivery Systems Disrupt Expectations of Personal Use. In: Proc. 2003 ACM Works. Digital Rights Management, pp. 77–88 (October 2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Rosset, V., Filippin, C.V., Westphall, C.M.: A DRM Architecture to Distribute and Protect Digital Content Using Digital Licenses. Telecommunication, 422–427 (July 2005) Google Scholar
- 15.Sachan, A., Emmanuel, S., Das, A., Kankanhalli, M.S.: Privacy Preserving Multiparty Multilevel DRM Architecture. In: IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC) (January 2009)Google Scholar