ISO/IEC 15504-5 Best Practices for IT Service Management
Software companies which have been involved in a process improvement programme according to ISO/IEC 15504 are showing an increasing interest in the ISO/IEC 20000 standard for Information Technology Service Management. With the intention of supporting these companies in the implementation of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and in order to facilitate the simultaneous application of both standards, the existing relations between ISO/IEC 15504-5 base practices and ISO/IEC 20000-4 process outcomes have been analysed and the results are presented in this paper.
KeywordsISO/IEC 15504 (SPICE) ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management (ITSM) Software Process Improvement (SPI)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amengual, E., Mas, A.: Software Process Improvement in Small Companies: An Experience. In: 14th European Software Process Improvement Conference, Germany, pp. 11.11–11.18 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Mas, A., Fluxà, B., Amengual, E.: Lessons learned from an ISO/IEC 15504 SPI Programme in a Company. In: 16th European Systems & Software process Improvement and Innovation Conference, Spain, pp. 4.13–4.18 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Malzahn, D.: A service extension for SPICE? In: International SPICE Conference on Process Assessment and Improvement, South Korea (2007) Google Scholar
- 5.Nehfort, A.: SPICE Assessments for IT Service Management according to ISO/IEC 20000-1. In: International SPICE days 2007, Germany (2007) Google Scholar
- 6.Public Research Centre Henri Tudor: ITSM Process Assessement Supporting ITIL®. Using TIPA to Assess and Improve your Processes with ISO 15504 and Prepare for ISO 20000 Certification. Van Haren Publishing, Zaltbommel (2009) Google Scholar
- 7.ISO/IEC: ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 Information Technology - Service Management - Part 1: Specification (2005) Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC: ISO/IEC TR 20000-4:2010 Information Technology - Service Management - Part 4: Process reference model (2010) Google Scholar
- 9.ISO/IEC: ISO/IEC 15504-5:2006 Information technology - Process Assessment - Part 5: An exemplar Process Assessment Model (2006) Google Scholar
- 10.ISO/IEC: ISO/IEC 12207:1995/Amd 1:2002/Amd 2:2004 Information technology - Software life cycle processes (1995)Google Scholar