A Dominance-Based Rough Set Approach of Mathematical Programming for Inducing National Competitiveness
The dominance-based rough set approach is a powerful technology for approximating ranking classes. Analysis of large real-life data sets shows, however, decision rules induced from lower approximations are weak, that is supported by few entities only. For enhancing the DRSA, the mathematical programming is applied to support the lower approximations with entities as more as possible. The mathematical coding such as unions of decision classes, dominance sets, rough approximations, and quality of approximation is implemented in Lingo 12. It is applied on the 2010 World Competitiveness Yearbook of International Institute for Management Development (WCY-IMD). The results show the business finance and attitudes & values matter achieving the top 10 positions in the world competitiveness.
Keywordsdominance-based rough set approach (DRSA) Mathematical programming (MP) national competitiveness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Greco, S., Matarazzo, B., Slowinski, R.: Rough set approach to multi-attribute choice and ranking problems. In: ICS Research Report 38/95, Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference, Hagen, Germany, pp. 318–329. Springer, Berlin (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Greco, S., Matarazzo, B., Slowinski, R.: Extension of the rough set approach to multicriteria decision support. INFOR 38(3), 161–193 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Błaszczyński, J., Dembczyński, K., Słowiński, R.: Interactive analysis of preference-ordered data using dominance-based rough set approach. In: Rutkowski, L., Tadeusiewicz, R., Zadeh, L.A., Żurada, J.M. (eds.) ICAISC 2006. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 4029, pp. 489–498. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Kotlowski, W., Dembczynski, K., Greco, S., Slowinski, R.: Measures of monotone relationships using dominance-based rough set approach (DRSA), http://www.iiasa.ac.at/~marek/ftppub/Pubs/csm06/kotlowski_pres.pdf
- 14.IMD, World Competitiveness Yearbook, Institute Management Development, Lausanne, Switzerland (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.IMD, World Competitiveness Yearbook, Institute Management Development, Lausanne, Switzerland (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Kyeong-Won, K., Hwa-Nyeon, K.: Global financial crisis overview. SERI Quarterly 2(2), 12–21 (2009)Google Scholar
- 21.Stiglitz, J.E.: Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis of 2008. Seoul Journal of Economics 23(3), 321–339 (2010)Google Scholar