A Combinational Disruption Recovery Model for Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows
A method of transforming various delivery disruptions into new customer-adding disruption is developed. The optimal starting time of delivery vehicles is analyzed and determined, which provides a new rescue strategy (starting later policy) for disrupted VRPTW. Then the paper considers synthetically customer service time, driving paths and total delivery costs to put forward a combinational disruption recovery model for VRPTW. Finally, in computational experiments, Nested Partition Method is applied to verify the effectiveness of the proposed model, as well as the strategy and the algorithm.
KeywordsVRPTW combinational disruption disruption management rescue strategies nested partition method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ding, Q.-l., Hu, X.-p., Wang, Y.-z.: A model of disruption management for solving delivery delay. In: Advances in Intelligent Decision Technologies: Proceedings of the Second KES International Symposium IDT, Baltimore, USA, July 28-30. SIST, vol. 4, pp. 227–237 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Jeans, C., Jesper, L., Allan, L., Jesper, H.: Disruption management operation research between planning and execution. OR/MS 28(5), 40–51 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Mu, Q., Fu, Z., Lysgaard, J., Eglese, R.: Disruption management of the vehicle routing problem with vehicle breakdown. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 1–8 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, X.-p., Xu, C.-l., Yang, D.-l.: Disruption management for vehicle routing problem with the request changes of customers. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 5(8), 2427–2438 (2009a)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, X.-p., Zhang, K., Yang, D.-l.: Disruption management of urgency vehicle routing problem with fuzzy time window. ICIC Express Letters 3(4), 883–890 (2009b)Google Scholar