An Effective Disaster Evacuation Assist System Utilized by an Ad-Hoc Network
This paper proposes a system that supports effective evacuation from danger using an original Distributed Constraint Optimization Problem (DCOP) algorithm DiSTaS-Anne (Distributed Tabu Search with simulated Annealing). The use of DCOP facilitates the assisted optimization of people’s evacuation timing, by estimating the location of evacuees. This system enables assistance in terms of evacuation guidance to be given to relieve congestion, by calculating evacuation routes via an ad-hoc network of evacuees’ mobile devices (phones, PCs, etc.), intercommunication function and location information.
Keywordsoptimization Distributed Constraint Optimization Problem disaster evacuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Iizuka, K., Iizuka, Y., Yoshida, K.: A Real-time Disaster Situation Mapping System for University Campuses. In: The 14th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Iizuka, Y., Takeuchi, I.: A Multiplexed Method for Distributed Constraint Optimization Problems. IPSJ Journal, Information Processing Society of Japan 50(12), 3136–3149 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Iizuka, Y., Suzuki, H., Takeuchi, I.: Multi-agent Tabu Search Method for Distributed Constraint Satisfaction Problems. The IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems (Japanese Edition) J90-D(9), 2302–2313 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Modi, P.J., Shen, W.-M., Tambe, M., Yokoo, M.: Adopt: Asynchronous distributed constraint optimization with quality guarantees. Artif. Intell. (161), 149–180 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, W., Wang, G., Xing, Z., Wittenburg, L.: Distributed stochastic search and distributed breakout: Properties, comparison and applications to constraint optimization problems in sensor networks. Artif. Intell. (161), 55–87 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.PlaceEngine, http://www.placeengine.com/PlaceEngine