Generation of Pseudorandom Binary Sequences with Controllable Cryptographic Parameters
In this paper, a procedure of decomposition of nonlinearly filtered sequences in primary characteristic sequences has been introduced. Such a procedure allows one to analyze structural properties of the filtered sequences e.g. period and linear complexity, which are essential features for their possible application in cryptography. As a consequence of the previous decomposition, a simple constructive method that enlarges the number of known filtered sequences with guaranteed cryptographic parameters has been developed. The procedure here introduced does not impose any constraint on the characteristics of the nonlinear filter.
Keywordsstream cipher pseudorandom sequence nonlinear filter linear complexity period cryptography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bluetooth, Specifications of the Bluetooth system, Version 1.1, http://www.bluetooth.com/
- 5.Diehard Battery of Tests of Randomness (1995), http://i.cs.hku.hk/~diehard/
- 6.eSTREAM-The ECRYPT Stream Cipher Project (2007), http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/stream/
- 13.GSM, Global Systems for Mobile Communications, http://cryptome.org/gsm-a512.htm
- 17.NIST Test suite for random numbers, http://csrc.nist.gov/rng/
- 18.Rivest, R.: The RC4 Encryption Algorithm. RSA Data Sec., Inc. (March 1998), http://www.rsasecurity.com
- 23.Teo, S.G., Simpson, L., Dawson, E.: Bias in the Nonlinear Filter Generator Output Sequence. International Journal of Cryptology Research 2(1), 27–37 (2010)Google Scholar