Nonlinear Magnetoelastic Waves in a Plate
We consider an elastic plate made of conductive material in an external magnetic field. It is shown that the distribution of intense waves in such a system can be described by nonlinear evolution equations, combining the well-known Khokhlov–Zabolotskaya–Kuznetsov and Kodomtsev–Petviashvili model equations. The features of the propagation of two-dimensional nonlinear magnetoelastic waves are analytically and numerically analyzed.
keywordsMagnetoelasticity Elastic waves Magnetic field Plate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bagdasarian, G.E., Danoyan, Z.N.: Electromagnetoelastic Waves. Yerevan State University, Yerevan (2006) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Ambartsumian, S.A., Bagdasarian, G.E., Belubekyan, M.V.: Magnetoelasticity of Thin Shells and Plates. Nauka, Moscow (1977) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Erofeyev, V.I., Malkhanov, A.O.: Localized magnetoelastic waves formation. Int. Rev. Mech. Eng. 4, 581–585 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Erofeyev, V.I., Potapov, A.I., Soldatov, I.N.: Nonlinear Waves in Elastic Bodies with Spatial Dispersion. Gorky Univ Publ., Gorky (1986) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 7.Dodd, R.K., Eilbek, J.C., Gibbon, J.D., Morris, H.C.: Solitons and Nonlinear Wave Equations. Academic Press, London (1984)Google Scholar
- 9.Press, W.H., Teukolsky, S.L., Vetterling, W.T., Flannery, B.P.: Numerical Recipes in C. The Art of Scientific Somputing. Cambrige University Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar