A Power Controller with Load Current Sensing for the Lundell Automotive Alternator
A power controller for the Lundell automotive alternator is proposed with load current sensing. The power controller determines exactly how much power the alternator will need to generate, based on the actual load current measurement and the programmable battery charging profile. To validate the effectiveness of the proposed power controller, experiments are performed under the conditions that the battery charging current can be controlled to zero and to a uniform charge level.
KeywordsLundell automotive alternator power controller current sensing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Perreault, D.J., Afridi, K.K., Khan, I.A.: Automotive Applications of Power Electronics. In: Rashid, M.H. (ed.) Power Electronic Handbooks, pp. 791–828. Academic Press, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.SAE Electronic Systems Committee: Recommended environment practices for electronic equipment design. Society of Automotive Engineers, Warrendale (1978)Google Scholar
- 7.STMicroelectronics, http://www.st.com
- 8.International Rectifier, http://www.irf.com
- 9.Allegro MicroSystems, http://www.allegromicro.com