Signal Enhancement and Complex Signal Analysis of GPR Based on Hilbert-Huang Transform
The theory of Hilbert-Huang transform and complex signal analysis technology are described. The EMD decomposition method is applied to decompose GPR forward profile, the intrinsic mode function GPR figures of different frequency ranges from high to low are obtained. According to different exploration goals, the intrinsic mode function GPR figures are reconstructed, thereby achieving the purpose of enhancing GPR signals. Then, the measured GPR profiles of traffic channel of Heimi Peak Pumped Storage Power Station are selected. Firstly, EMD decomposition is carried out on the profile to remove a part of noises, then, Hilbert-Huang transform is utilized to calculate the complex signal of GPR profiles, and independent instantaneous parameters are drawn out. According to different geological conditions corresponding to GPR three ‘instantaneous’ information respectively, multi-parameters are comprehensively analyzed, the compression function of EMD decomposition on noise is combined to avoid interpretation bias caused by using single time interval profile analysis, the abnormal information can be better reflected, and the resolution precision of GPR data is improved.
Keywordsground penetrating radar empirical mode decomposition complex signal analysis Hilbert-Huang transform intrinsic mode function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang, N.E., Shen, Z., Long, S.R., Wu, M.C., Shih, H.H., Zheng, Q., Yen, N.C., Tung, C.C., Liu, H.H.: The empirical mode decomposition and the Hilbert spectrum for nonlinear and non-stationarity time series analysis. J. Proceedings of the Royal Society London. Ser A 454, 903–995 (1998)zbMATHCrossRefMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- 2.Huang, N.E., Wu, M.C., Long, S.R., Shen, S.P., Qu, W.D., Gloersen, P., Fan, K.L.: A confidence limit for the empirical mode decomposition and the Hilbert spectral analysis. J. Proceedings of the Royal Society London. Ser A 31, 417–457 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Zheng, J.S., Wu, B.Y.: Research on EMD Method Based on Reproducing Kernels. J. Journal of System Simulation. 22(1), 188–190, 194 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Pi, H.M., Liu, C., Wang, D.: Using Hilbert-Huang transform to pick up instantaneous parameters of seismic signal. J. Oil Geophysical Prospecting 42(4), 418–424 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Xie, X.Y., Wan, M.H.: The application of complex signal in treatment of signal of GPR. J. geophysical exploration and chemical exploration 22(2), 108–112 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Yang, Q.F.: The instantaneous frequency analysis of GPR data using empirical mode decomposition. J. Coal Geology & Exploration 37(4), 64–67 (2009)Google Scholar