The Application of Complex Torque Coefficient Method in Multi-generator System
A multi-input and multi-output linear model of multi-machine power system was established based on perturbation analysis, and the complex torque coefficient of target generator was deduced in detail. From a mathematical perspective, the meaning of complex torque coefficient was explained. Meanwhile, the reasonability about non-target generators being equivalent to different models was discussed when investigating subsynchornous oscillation phenomenon in a multi-generator system. The results showed that the complex torque coefficient method was suitable for multi-generator system and the procedure of simplifying non-target generator as single rigid body or voltage sources with fixed frequency was inappropriate. Then a case study of IEEE second benchmark verified the conclusions above.
Keywordscomplex torque coefficient subsynchronous oscillation multi-generator system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.IEEE subsynchronous resonance working group. First benchmark model for computer simulation of Subsynchronous resonance. J. IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and System 96(5),1565–1572 (1977)Google Scholar
- 3.IEEE subsynchronous resonance working group. Second benchmark model for computer simulation of subsynchronous resonance. J. IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and System PAS-104(5),1057–1066 (1985)Google Scholar
- 5.Zheng, X.: The complex torque coefficient approach s applicability analysis and its realization by time domain simulation. J. Proceedings of the Csee 20(6) (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Yixin, N., Shousui, C.: Dynamic system theory and its analysis. Press of Qstinghua, M.Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Shijie, C., Yijia, C.: The theory and method of power system subsynchornous oscillation. Press of Science, M. Beijng (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Fang, L.J.: Complex torque coefficients method extended to the rectification of multi-machine power systems. J. Relay 32(8), 5–8 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Junyong, W., Shijie, C.: A new approach to ssr problem in power system with HVDC. J. Automation of electric power systems 11(1), 20–25 (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Yixin, N., Yanchun, W.: A Study of HVDC-Caused Subsynchronous Oscillations in Multimachine System. J. Proceedings of the Csee 13(2), 64–71 (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.Yixin, N., Yanchun, W.: The frequency scanning——complex torque ceofficient analysis of hvdc-caused shaft torsional oscillations in multimachine system. J Proceedings of Electric Power System and Automation 3(2), 44–55 (1991)Google Scholar