Study on UV Detection of High-Voltage Discharge Based on the Optical Fiber Sensor
The main reason for the deterioration of electrical equipment insulation is the high- voltage discharge. So, real-time monitoring of electrical equipment discharge is the key to ensure the safe operation of equipment. Using the UV signal in solar blind area as characteristic parameter, this paper designs the Optical Fiber Sensor and analyze its spectral response characteristics. The lens coupling system is designed to improve the detection of light coupling efficiency. The efficiency is improved by the simulation and optimization of ZEMAX. Simulation detecting tests on needle plate discharge is carried out in the laboratory, and it presents that the detection system can accurately detect the UV radiation of the discharge and the strength of the discharge to linear response. The detection system has high sensitivity, and strong anti-interference. It can be used for online real-time monitoring of high voltage discharge.
Keywordshigh voltage discharge Optical Fiber Sensor UV detection lens coupling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yan, Z., Zhu, D.: Technology of high-voltage insulation. China Electric Power Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, G.: Theory and practice of state testing to electrical equipment. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, J.: Technology and application of UV detection to high-voltage discharge. China Electric Power Press, Beijing (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Guo, J., Wu, G., Zhang, X.: Current situation and development of partial discharge detection technology. J. Electrotechnical Society 2(20), 29–34 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Xu, Y., Yu, M., Cao, X.: Comparison with light pulse method and the electrometric method of partial discharge. J. High Voltage Engineering 27(4), 3–5 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Si, W., Li, j., Yuan, P.: Research situation and development of optical detection method to partial discharge. J. high-voltage electrical appliances 44(3), 261–264 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Dai, L.: Appication of UV imaging technology on high-voltage discharge detection. J. Power Systems 27(20), 97–98 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, Z., Wang, K., Tang, J.: Detection Method for Corona Discharge of Transformers on Ultraviolet Pulse. J. Power Systems 2(34), 84–88 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Yin, Z., Fang, D., Xuechen, L.: Optical method in micro-DBD discharge characteristics. J. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis. 23(3), 607–608 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Zhao, W., Zhang, X., Jiang, J.: Spectral Analysis of corona discharge to tip plate. J.Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis 23(5), 9,552,957 (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, W., Liu, D., Wu, Y.: Spectral Analysis on reactor distribution of high energy electron density along Air corona discharge. J. Molecular Science 15(3), 1,252,128 (1999)Google Scholar