Test Case Design Methods and Strategy for Software Component Test of Digital Safety System in Nuclear Power Plants
Software component test is of great importance within the Independent Verification and Validation process of digital safety system used in nuclear power plants, and acts as the base of software engineer implementation. Now it has encountered the difficulty of test case generation, which needs to be more intensively investigated in nuclear energy industry. The paper describes three methods for test case generation according to the suggestion given by an IAEA’s technical report, and proposes a strategy on how to use these methods in the software component test of digital safety system. This work will be also beneficial to the subsequent tests of digital safety system in nuclear power plants.
KeywordsNuclear Power Plants Digital Safety System Software Engineering Software Component Test Test Case Independent Verification and Validation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Central People’s Government of the People’s Republic of China, http://www.gov.cn/2011lh/content_1825838_4.htm
- 2.IEEE Std 603TM-2009. IEEE Standard Criteria for Safety Systems for Nuclear Power Generating Stations (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.IEEE Std 7-4.3.2TM-2003. IEEE Standard Criteria for Digital Computers in Safety Systems of Nuclear Power Generating Stations (2003) Google Scholar
- 4.IEEE Std 610.12-1990. IEEE Standard Glossary of Software Engineering TerminologyGoogle Scholar
- 5.IEC 61508-3 -1997. Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems. Part 3: Software requirements, pp. 26, 40, 44 (1997) Google Scholar
- 6.IEC 61508-6 -1997. Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems. Part 6: Guidelines on the application of parts 2 and 3, p. 76 (1997) Google Scholar
- 7.Handbook for Verification and Validation of Digital Systems, EPRI, Palo Alto, CA, and Autoridad Regulatoria Nuclear, Buenos Aires, Argentina, TR-103291-CD, pp. 5-19 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.IAEA TRS384. Verification and Validation of Software Related to Nuclear Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Google Scholar
- 9.IEEE Std 1012TM-2004. IEEE Standard for Software Verification and Validation (2004) Google Scholar
- 10.M.J. Stofko: Software Program Manual for Common Q Systems, pp. 4–6 Google Scholar
- 11.Li, D., Zhang, L.J., Feng, J.T.: Technique for Unit Testing of Safety Software Verification and Validation. Atomic Energy Science and Technology 42(6)Google Scholar
- 12.Myers, G.J.: The Art of Software Testing, 2nd edn.Google Scholar