Modeling and Control of Electro-Hydraulic-Controlled Stepping Cylinder for Mold Oscillation
Conventional electro-hydraulic servo control system is widely used for mold oscillation, but it is difficult for this system to construct a stable, low cost and high performance control system. This paper proposes an oscillation method driven by an electro-hydraulic-controlled stepping cylinder, and the stepping cylinder has the performances of less control links, easy maintenance, relatively low cost and high precision. The mathematic model of electro-hydraulic-controlled stepping cylinder is established, and through PWM control the sine curve and non-sinusoidal curve are simulated. The result of simulation demonstrates that the model is effective, and the proposed electro-hydraulic-controlled stepping cylinder system instead of conventional electro-hydraulic servo control system is feasible.
KeywordsContinuous casting crystallizer stepping cylinder non-sinusoidal curve impulse frequency control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li, X., Zhang, D.: The Technique of the Mold Oscillation in Continuous Casting, pp. 84–88. Metallurgical Industry Press, Bejing (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, D., Yang, W.: Development Of Electro-hydraulic Servo Oscillation System For Continuous Casting Mold, Steel, vol. 32 (suppl.), pp. 705-708 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Song, J., Shu, D., Zhang, Z. (eds.): Hydraulic And Pneumatic Transmission. Science press (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, B, Yi, M.-l.: Digital Technology Applied in Hydraulic System Hydraulics. Pneumatics & Seals No. 4 (2005) Google Scholar
- 5.Li, W., Zhang, Y., Yu, L., Xiao, J.: Mold Non-sinusoidal Oscillating Mode Analye and Control of Continuous Casting Machine. In: ICEMI 2009, pp. 567–570 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Bhattacharya, A.K., Debjani, S., et al.: Optimization of Continuous Casting Mould Oscillation Parameters in Steel Manufacturing Process Using GA. In: IEEE CEC 2007, pp. 3998–4004 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Thomas, B.G.: Modelling of the Continuous Casting of Steel – Past, Present and Future. In: Electric Furnace Conf. Proc. vol. 59, pp. 3–30. ISS, Warrendale, PA (Phoenix, AZ) (2001); Also Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 33B(6), 795- 812 (December 2002) Google Scholar
- 8.Institute of Hydraulic & Pneumatic Tech., http://www.ihptneu.com
- 9.Xiaoming, W., et al.: Introduction on Development of Non-sinusoidal Oscillation Technology of Mould Controlled by Electro-hydraulic Servo System. In: Equipment technology, pp. 211–214 (2000)Google Scholar