Fault Diagnosis of Rolling Bearing Based on Wavelet Packet Transformation
The faults of rolling bearings frequently occur in rotary machinery, therefore the rolling bearings fault diagnosis is a very important research project. In this paper, a method of pattern recognition for fault diagnosis of rolling bearing is proposed, which is based on wavelet packet transformation combined with Statistics. Firstly, the wavelet packet analysis is utilized to divide the dynamic signal of rolling bearings, and the features information of rolling bearing’s dynamic signal is picked up, secondly, the extracted features are classified into several categories, and databases are built for each category. Finally, the new picked-up signals are compared with the standard signals in database, and then whether the rolling bearings have defects is diagnosed.
KeywordsRolling bearings Fault diagnosis Vibration signal Wavelet packet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhong, B., Hunag, R.: Introduction To Machine Fault Diagnosis. Machinery industry press (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Vas, P.: Parameter Estimation, Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis of Electrical Machines. Clarendron Press (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Nandi, S., Toliyat, H.A.: Conditon Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis of Electrical Machines- A Review. IEEE Industry Applications Conference 1, 197–204 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Pang, P., Ding, G.: Wavelet-based Diagnostic Model for Rotating Machinery Subject to Vibration Monitoring. In: Chinese Control Conference, pp. 303–306 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Shen, S., Ying, H., Liu, J.: Passing vibration diagnosing using wavelet transform. Vibration and Shock 18(2), 1–5 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.He, X., Shen, Y., Zhang, X.: An application of continuous wavelet transform to fault diagnosis of rolling element bearing. Mechanical science and Technology 20(7), 571–574 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, L., Wang, C., Cai, Z.: Early fault diagnosis of the rolling bearing using wavelet transformation. Chinese Journal of Applied Mechanics 16(2), 95–100 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, T., Xiangli, Z., Jun, Z.: The Introduction of Applied Wavelet Analysis. National defence industrial press (2006)Google Scholar