A Novel Data Embedding Method for High Payload Using Improved Pixel Segmentation Strategy
In this paper, we propose a novel data embedding method based on the pixel segmentation strategy with minimum distortion. The well-known exploring modification direction (EMD) embedding method achieves a high image quality; however, the corresponding embedding capacity is low. Some recent works extended the embedding capacity of EMD method by using various strategies. Inspired by Lee et al.’s work, the proposed method uses an indicator bit to improve the stego image quality under various payloads. The experimental results revealed that the proposed method not only greatly enhances the embedding capacity of EMD, but also maintains a very acceptable image quality.
KeywordsEMD Data Embedding Embedding Capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Provos, N., Honeyman, P.: Hide and Seek: An Introduction to Steganography. IEEE Security and Privacy 3, 32–44 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Lin, K.Y., Hong, W., Chen, J., Chen, T.S., Chiang, W.C.: Data Hiding by Exploiting Modification Direction Technique Using Optimal Pixel Grouping. In: The 2010 International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC 2010), July 2010, vol. 3, pp. 121–123 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Fridrich, J., Goljan, M., Du, R.: Reliable Detection of LSB Steganography in Color and Grayscale Images. In: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Multimedia and Security, pp. 27–30 (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Chao, R.M., Wu, H.C., Lee, C.C., Chu, Y.P.: A Novel Image Data Hiding Scheme with Diamond Encoding. EURASIP Journal on Information Security, 2009, Article ID 658047 (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.USC-SIPI image database, http://sipi.usc.edu/database