A Study on Equivalent Circuit of Short Wavelength Coplanar Waveguide Employing Periodic Ground Structure on Silicon RFIC
In this paper, equivalent circuit of short wave length coplanar waveguide employing Periodic Ground Structure on Silicon (PGSS) were investigated using theoretical analysis. Equivalent circuits for the PGSS cell were extracted, and all lumped circuit parameters were expressed by closed form equation. A fairly good agreement between calculated and measured results were observed from 0 to 25 GHz. Above results indicate that the proposed equivalent circuit can be efficiently used up to K band.
KeywordsCoplanar waveguide PGSS Silicon RFIC LED
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Itoh, Y., Nii, M., Takeuchi, N., Tsukahara, Y., Kurebayashi, H.: MMIC/Super-MIC/MIC-Combined C- to Ku-Band 2W Balanced Amplifier Multi-Chip Module. IEICE Trans. Electron. E80-C(6), 757–762 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Yun, Y., Fukuda, T., Kunihisa, T., Ishikawa, O.: A High Performance Down converter MMIC for DBS Applications. IEICE Trans. Electron. E84-C(11), 1679–1688 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Yun, Y., et al.: Miniaturized on-chip branch-line coupler employing periodically arrayed grounded-strip structure for application to silicon RFIC. Microwave Journal 52(12), 82–90 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Yun, Y., Lee, K.S., Kim, C.R., Kim, K.M., Jung, J.W.: Basic RF Characteristics of the Microstrip Line Employing Periodically Perforated Ground Metal and Its Application to Highly Miniaturized On-Chip Passive Components on GaAs MMIC. IEEE Transactions On Microwave Theory and Technique 54(10), 3805–3817 (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Yun, Y., Jung, J.W., Kim, K.M., Kim, H.C., Chang, W.J., Ji, H.G., Ahn, H.K.: Experimental Study on Isolation Characteristics between Adjacent Microstrip Lines Employing Periodically Perforated Ground Metal for Application to Highly Integrated GaAs MMICs. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters 17(10), 703–705 (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Pozar. D.M.: Microwave engineering. Addison-Wesley, 3nd edn., ch. 8 (2005)Google Scholar