The Computer – A Tool That Makes Human Environment: Technosphere
The 21st-century man spends more than half of his time in the environment of artificial light and technology tools, such as cellular phones, computer, TV, radio etc – they build the contemporary living environment – a technosphere. Therefore, a question should be asked whether the technosphere has not become a “natural environment” for the contemporary man? In this context people’s attitude towards the environment is becoming an even more important issue. It has to be remembered that the natural environment is susceptible to and dependent on human activity, whereas the technical environment/technosphere reflects the intentions present in the process of technology creation. Technology does not have to be controversial in relation to the natural environment. It may become an integral part of the environment as a whole, without a division into a natural and artificial/built environment.
The aim of the publication is therefore to present the role of computers in the process of creating a technosphere which is friendly both for the nature and the human being.
Keywordscomputer technosphere environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dyson, F.J.: The Sun, Genom, Internet. Scientific Revolution Tools. PWN, Warszawa (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Edwards, B.: Rough Guide to Sustainability. RIBA, London (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Fanger, P.O., Popiołek, Z., Wargocki, P.: Internal Environment. Influence on Health, Comfort and Work Efficiency, pp. 8–10,147–161. Publication of the SUofT (Silesian University of Technology), Gliwice (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Kaminska-Szmaj, I., Jarosz, M.: Dictionary unfamiliar words. Publication of the Europa, Wrocław (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Kwaśniewski, T.: Designing Like in a Movie. W: Building Engineer 12/2010, pp. 26–30. A monthly of the Polish Chamber of Building Engineers (2010) Google Scholar
- 6.Mikoś-Rytel, W.: About Sustainable Ecological Architecture and the Outline of its History, pp. 42–45, 193–212. Publication of the SUofT, Gliwice (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Niezabitowska, E., Sowa, J., Staniszewski, Z., Winnicka-Jasłowska, D., Boroń, W., Niezabitowski, A.: Intelligent Building. Publication of the SUofT, Gliwice (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.JS Research Newsroom. Scientific Studies and Innovations, http://ec.europa.eu/information/index_pl.htm
- 9.OpenZone.pl. Computers and Ecology, http://openzone.pl
- 10.Sectoral e-Business Watch, Information and Communication Technologies, http://www.ebusiness-watch.org