Developing Accessible Mobile Phone Applications: The Case of a Contact Manager and Real Time Text Applications
Mobile phones are becoming increasingly popular and are already the first access technology to information and communication. However, people with disabilities have to face a lot of barriers when using this kind of technology. This paper presents an Accessible Contact Manager and a Real Time Text application, designed to be used by all users with disabilities. Both applications are focused to improve accessibility of mobile phones.
KeywordsMobile Application Accessibility Real Time Text Contact Manager Phone Dialer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.International Telecomunication Union (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.AEGIS “Open Accessibility Everywhere: Groundwork, Infrastructure, Standards” project. IST-224348 Google Scholar
- 3.Mierla, D.G.: Kamailio Project. Techistan Magazine (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Hellstrom, G., Jones, E.P.: RFC4103 RTP payload for text conversation (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Handley, M., Jacobson, V.: RFC2327 SDP: Session Description Protocol (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Inc, Google, User Interface Guidelines. On line at developer.android.com (last visited January 2011)