Results of the Technical Validation of an Accessible Contact Manager for Mobile Devices
The apparition of new mobile phones operating systems often leads to a flood of mobile applications rushing into the market without taking into account needs of the most vulnerable users groups: the people with disabilities. The need of accessible applications for mobile is very important especially when it comes to access basic mobile functions such as making calls through a contact manager. This paper presents the technical validation process and results of an Accessible Contact Manager for mobile phones as a part of the evaluation of accessible applications for mobile phones for people with disabilities.
KeywordsAccessible Contact Manager Technical Validation Evaluation Mobile Phone Contact Manager
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AEGIS “Open Accessibility Everywhere: Groundwork, Infrastructure, Standards” project. IST-224348 Google Scholar
- 2.Gemou, M., Bekiaris, E., Montalva, J., Cabrera, M.F., Colven, D., Rojo, I.C.: Novel framework and supporting material for the inclusive evaluation of ICT, AEGIS project, CN. 224348, 7th Framework Programme, ICT & Ageing (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 3.King, T.W.: Assistive technology: essential human factors. Allyn and Bacon, Boston (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Scholtz, J.: Usability Evaluation. National Institute of Standards and Technology (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Caldwell, B., Cooper, M., Reid, L.G., Vanderheiden, G.: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. W3C Recommendation, December 11 (2008)Google Scholar