User Modeling through Unconscious Interaction with Smart Shop
Ubiquitous, mobile and wearable networks unified on the internet are rapidly promoted and introduced into our daily living sphere. That means people, unfamiliar to information technology and human computer interaction issue, are becoming a large part of the users of the unified information environment. Thus we need a new concept of information environment design which does not force a person to have and use any computer skills. Such an information environment would provide modest and human friendly manner for users including elderly people.
This paper introduces a concept of Kansei modeling from the aspects of users’ needs in information service. To show its attractive facilities, this paper describes the state of the art of our studies on personal information assistance service in a smart space, such as ubiquitous and wearable environment with robotic information processing mechanism.
KeywordsKansei Engineering Kansei Modeling Behavior Log and Analysis Smart Shop
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kato, T.: KANSEI Robotics: Measurement and Modeling of KANSEI from Robotics Aspect. Journal of JSAI 21(2), 183–188 (2006) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Kato, T.: Trans-category Retrieval Based on Subjective Perception Process Models. In: Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Multimedia and EXPO. Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Multimedia and EXPO, ICME 2004 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Takeda, Y., Kato, T.: Computational Modeling of Visual Perception and its Application to Image Enhancement. In: Proc. of KEER 2010 (International Conference on Kansei Engineering and Emotion Research 2010), pp. 1763–1777 (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Imamura, N., Suzuki, H., Nagayasu, K., Ogino, A., Kato, T.: Modeling Customer Preferences for Commodities by Behavior Log Analysis with Ubiquitous Sensing. In: Proc. of KEER 2010, pp. 1200–1213 (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Ogino, A., Imamura, N., Kato, T.: Modeling of Human Interest in Products by Observing Behaviors of Customer in a Store. In: Proc. of KEER 2010, pp. 2072–2081 (March 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Yano, E., Kitano, Y., Sueyoshi, E., Shinohara, I., Sineenard, P., Kato, T.: Development of recommendation system with anonymous Kansei model. Trans. IPSJ 44(SIG8 (TOD18)), 46–54 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Pinyapong, S., Kato, T.: A Frame-work of Time, Place, Purpose and Personal Profile Based Recommendation Service for Mobile Environment. IEICE Trans. E88-D(5), 937–946 (2005)Google Scholar