Integrating Human Modeling and Simulation with the Persona Method
This paper proposes a method to integrate human modeling and simulation with the persona method to efficiently predict human behavior with different personalities in a variety of situations. We have applied the method to predict residents’ behavior in an emergency situation to design emergency announcement strategies and have confirmed that this method can semi-automatically construct several different personas and their behavior scenarios successfully. The method provides a systematic procedure for creating personas and is expected to reduce time and cost in the design process.
KeywordsHuman modeling and simulation persona method user scenario emergency announcement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Card, S.K.: The Psychology of Human-Computer Interaction. Erlbaum, Mahwah (1983)Google Scholar
- 2.Anderson, R.J.: The Atomic Components of Thought. In: LEA (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Umemoto U, Kobayashi K, Ishigami T, Watanabe M (2000) The inhabitants’ receiving dis-aster information and their reactions at the JCO criticality accident in Tokaimura (in Japa-nese). Google Scholar
- 6.Proc. Symp. Inst. Soc. Saf. Sci., vol. 10, pp. 113–116Google Scholar
- 7.Woodworth, R.S.: Dynamics of behavior. Holt, Rinehart & Winston, New York (1958)Google Scholar