Standardizing User Models
In this paper we took an attempt to create a set of features to describe different types of user models. We classify the features into different sets like development process, data store, user study and so on and also describe it with the help of a case study. Finally we pointed out the benefits of standardization in user modeling.
KeywordsUser Model User Study User Profile Visual Search Task User Trial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anderson, J.R., Lebiere, C.: The Atomic Components of Thought. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Benyon, D., Murray, D.: Applying User Modeling to Human Computer Interaction Design. Artificial Intelligence Review 7.3, 199–225 (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.John, B.E., Kieras, D.: The GOMS Family of User Interface Analysis Techniques: Comparison And Contrast. ACM Transactions on Computer Human Interaction 3, 320–351 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Kieras, D., Meyer, D.E.: An Overview of The EPIC Architecture For Cognition And Performance With Application to Human-Computer Interaction. Human-Computer Interaction 12, 391–438 (1990)Google Scholar
- 6.Newell, A.: Unified Theories of Cognition. Harvard University Press, Cambridge (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Usernomics Website, http://www.usernomics.com/ergonomicsstandards.html (accessed on December 18, 2010)
- 8.VUMS Project Cluster, http://www.veritas-project.eu/vums (accessed on December 18, 2010)