Extracting Connection Types in Process Models Discovered by Using From-to Chart Based Approach
- 513 Downloads
Although contemporary information systems are intensively utilized in enterprises, their actual impact in automating complex business process is still constrained by the difficulties coincided in design phase. In this study, a hybrid data analysis methodology to business process modeling that is based on using from-to chart is further enhanced to discover connection types and include in the process model. From-to chart is basically used as the front-end to figure out the observed transitions among the activities in event logs. The derived raw patterns are converted into activity sequence on from-to chart by using Genetic Algorithms. Finally a process model including AND/OR connection types is constructed on the basis of this activity sequence.
KeywordsFrom-to Chart Business Process Modeling (BPM) Process Mining Connection Types Genetic Algorithms (GA) Event Logs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Apple, J.M.: Material Handling Systems Design. The Ronald Press Company, New York (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.van der Aalst, W.M.P., Gunther, C., Recker, J., Reichert, M.: Using Process Mining to Analyze and Improve Process Flexibility. In: 7th Workshop on BPMDS 2006, CAiSE 2006 Workshop (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Gunther, C.W., van de Aalst, W.M.P.: Process Mining in Case Handling Systems. In: Proc. PRIMIUM Sub Conference at the Multikonferenz Wirtschaftsinformatik (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Agrawal, R., Gunopulos, D., Leymann, F.: Mining Process Models from Workflow Logs. In: Schek, H.-J., Saltor, F., Ramos, I., Alonso, G. (eds.) EDBT 1998. LNCS, vol. 1377, pp. 469–483. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Weijters, A.J.M.M., van der Aalst, W.M.P.: Rediscovering Workflow Models from Event-Based Data Using Little Thumb. Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering 10(2), 151–162 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Dianati, M., Song, I., Treiber, M.: An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms and Evaluation Stragies. Univ. of Waterloo, Canada (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Weijters, A.J.M.M., van der Aalst, W.M.P., Mederios, A.K.A.: Process Mining with the HeuristicMiner Algorithm. Paper presented at the BETA Working Paper Series, WP 166, Eindhoven University of Technology (2006)Google Scholar